Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between the Printed Magazine and the Digital Magazine?
The Digital Magazine is paperless. It is created electronically and retained on the server. Login to the website to read it online.
- What is the difference between Read Online only and Read Online + Download PDF version?
If "Read Online + Download PDF version" is selected, one can read it online or can download the PDF of the entire magazine to his/her computer/laptop/notebook/netbook/tablet/mobile and can read it with out connecting to the net. If "Read Online Only" is selected then download PDF option is not availavle and always needs to connect to the server to read it.
- Is the Digital Magazine available on mobiles, tablets or smart phones?
It depends upon the software available in such gadgets. Normally it works on any Flash enabled instruments. View the "Sample Issue" made available on the site to check whether it is opening correctly.
- Is the Digital Magazine FREE to subscribers of the Printed Magazine?
- Is the Printed Magazine FREE to subscribers of the Digital Magazine?
- Can one change one's subscription for the Printed Magazine to the Digital Magazine or vice versa?
- What other option is available for mobiles, tablets or smart phones?
Subscribe for Online Reading + Download PDF version by paying Rs. 240/-
- What is the subscription rate for the Digital Magazine?
Rs. 120/- for Online Reading only (no downloads)
Rs. 220/-for Online Reading + Download PDF version.
- What is the method to send the amount for subscription?
Payment can be made in the form of a Demand Draft, Cheque or Money Order.
- Are there any additional charges for outstation cheques?
- In whose name should the Demand Draft/ Cheque be made?
Demand Draft or Cheque should be made in favour of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and is payable at Mumbai.
- Can I pay by Credit Card?
Yes. The Payment Gateway to subscribe for the Digital Magazine is available at www.bhavans.info.
- Within how many days will the Subscription get activated?
The subscription is activated only after receipt of payment.
- If the subscription is paid using a Credit Card, will it get activated immediately ?
No. Only after confirmation from the Bank.
- How much time will it take to get the confirmation from the bank ?
Generally by the next working day.
- Can the subscription for the Digital Magazine be discontinued midway?
- What is the refund policy?
No refund is allowed in any circumstances.
- Can I share my subscription with others?
No. The subscription is only for one person.
- Is there any way to find out whether any other person is using my username and password?
Yes. Every time one logs in to read it online, the server keeps track of the location from where one is accesssing the server. If the server finds duplicate entry points, it will automaticallly block that username from accessing the pages.
- What should one do if the username gets blocked?
Contact email@example.com to get it re-activated. Admin has the right to discontinue the account permanently if someone continues to share the username with others.
- What should one do if the password is lost?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to re-send the password.
It will be sent again to the email or mobile number given at the time of registration.